Sunday, February 20, 2011

Full moon, PMS, and Incontinence do not mix

No they do not.  Not at all.  I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday afternoon.  Just a little one.  I had a good five minutes of crying along with this wanting to pull all the hair out of my head.  I can say that I had the "crazy eyes" yesterday.  Or maybe I should just say they were crazier than normal.

It all started earlier in the week.  Little things were frustrating me.  Big things were pushing me right up to the edge.  I could feel my white hairs actually growing in.  I could feel them popping out of my skull.  My shoulders were rounding, my traps were tightening, my neck was becoming as stiff and rigid as a metal post.  My hormones and the moon's gravitational pull were taking their toll on my body.  I won't even mention what they were doing to my mind.

Yesterday I woke up with the feeling that I needed the day off.  I know we all get that feeling.  We all get that feeling quite often.  I knew I needed the day off though.  I mean the entire day off from morning til night.  I did not want to do any caregiving from the moment I woke up.  It was time for a day off.  I hadn't had a day off since the beginning of December.  I wanted the day off, I needed the day off but I knew I was not going to get the day off.

So I just puttered along, dragging my feet, not wanting to do anything.  I trudged through the day.  Slow.  Annoyed.  I felt sorry for myself.  I played Farmville.  And then the smell came and I knew what was coming.  Or rather I knew what had already happened.  And this is where I lost it.

**Warning - This gets a little gross especially if you're not a caregiver or you don't have any kids!**

I think that my mom's incontinence is the worst thing to deal with.  I help her clean up every morning because I have not found an adult undergarment that can contain the amount of fluids she releases during the night.  I have refused to wake her in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.  It just seems so mean.  I might have to start getting her up an hour or two earlier to deal with this problem though.   But today number 1 was not the problem.  It was the dreaded number 2.

I don't have any nice way of putting this.  I smelled it.  Yes, I smelled sh!t.  So I knew I would have to deal with it.  We can usually catch this before it becomes a problem by keeping a bathroom schedule but every once in awhile things go off schedule.  Sometimes it's her.  Sometimes it's me.  Oh, how I dread it.  It might also not be that bad if she would just let me know she has had an accident but she doesn't.  I always find out after it is a mess.  I will not even give details.  Let's just say I have been dealing with human excrement for almost 13 years.  Some days I just can't take it.

I just couldn't take it yesterday.  I flipped and had a good five minute freak out cry.  Crying over crap.  I totally agree with not crying over spilled milk but crying over crap is totally rational to me.  Wow.  I can't believe I blogged about this.  buahahahahaa  I do feel a bit better crying and bitching about it though.  It usually takes me a day or two before I can laugh about these incidents.  Hmmm...  Maybe I will be able to laugh about it tomorrow because I still feel like crying about it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment