Saturday, February 12, 2011

The weather and the birds

After being so grouchy the last couple of the days with my mom I have decided to put in a little extra effort.  I tried extra hard to be patient with her this morning.  I made her oatmeal and coffee (the usual) and sat down with her for a few minutes to "visit".

She is having a very confused day today.  She is not sure where she is or why she is here.  I've told her a dozen times where she is and that she lives with me.  She asked me, "Why do we have to live here?"  Well mom, I ask myself that question quite often.  hehehe

Our "visiting" consists of talking about the weather and the birds.  My mom could talk about the weather and the birds all day.  Actually, that is probably 90% of our conversations these days, the weather and the birds.  Is it cold out?  It looks beautiful out (even if it is gray).  Nothing is moving out there.  It looks like a picture.  Where are all those birds from?  Look at all those little birds in the tree.  There are some big birds out there!  Where do they come from?  Is there water near by?

Today I have decided to answer all the weather and bird questions with a smile on my face.  Maybe that will help me have a smile in my heart.  How cheesy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment