Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today is a Soup Day


It's cold and wet out and a perfect day for soup. I love soup. Love, love, love it!

This is a pic of some easy soup I made a couple of months ago. Yes, I loved it. That is why I took a picture of it.

It was so simple to make. I used kale for the first time and also a bit of fennel. I started off sauteing some garlic, onions and fennel in a little olive oil. I then added a couple of handfuls of chopped up kale. I cooked this for a few minutes before adding a couple of cans of white beans and a can (or maybe two) of diced tomatoes, some water and a chicken cube. I simmered this for a bit until everything was hot and the kale was cooked.

My entire family liked it so I think it's a keeper. Of course I don't know how much of what I put in the pot but that's the fun part, making it up as you go along.

Also, I don't even want to think about canned tomatoes being bad for me. I guess I could chop up fresh. Or maybe can my own? Gasp. That would be too much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment