Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No longer The Boss

I am now "The Girl." My mom forgot who I was the other day. When it happened it didn't really bother me. I guess it just took a few days to hit me. She has forgotten who I was before but it has been quite a long time since that has happened.

She was talking on the phone with her social worker and I heard her say, "the girl takes good care of me." It actually made me smile. She may not remember my name or that I am her daughter but at least she thinks I take good care of her.

I did say I was sick of being "The Boss" so I'm not too upset about losing that title. I think I can handle "The Girl." The girl that takes good care of her mom. I'll go for that.

By the way, she woke up the next morning and called out, "Lisa, can I have some coffee?" Another smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment