Friday, February 4, 2011

I have another kid

After yesterday, I think it is official, I have a fourth child.  That would be my mother.  Wow.  She was a total brat.  Yes, my dear sweet mom that everyone thinks is so funny and sweet was a brat.  Today I can laugh about it but yesterday I wanted to smack her upside the head.
I started reminding her first thing in the morning that the physical therapist would be by at 1pm to see her.  I like to remind her multiple times when she has an appointment.  Sometimes the information sticks a bit.  Other times it just doesn't matter how many times I tell her something.  I could tell her a million times and each time it is like I am telling her for the first time.  That was yesterday.
I told her the p/t would be by and she acted very annoyed and asked, "Why?"  To do your exercises and help with your stretches.  Why?  She's not my boss.  Ugh.  She is coming to help you mom so you can continue to move around and not be in pain.  Oh, okay.  Okay until I reminded her again.  Then it was the same thing all over again.
Mom, you need to get in the chair so we can go in the other room before the p/t gets here.  "Why? She's not my boss."  Mom, just get in the chair.  Shit.  "Did you say shit?  I'm telling her you said shit!"  buahahaha  I think it is hilarious now but yesterday I just wanted to scream.  Eventually she did get into the chair and we went into the livingroom.  She was a bit obnoxious with my boys but they can handle it.  "Grammy?  Who said you could call me grammy?"  Ummm, you are our grandma.  "Oh!  Hahahahaha."
The physical therapist shows up and my mom does a 180.  She's her nice, happy go lucky self, all sweet to the p/t.  She does her exercises with the p/t, cooperates and has a good time.  And guess what?  She didn't tell her I said "shit".  Thanks mom!

1 comment: